Writer Camp! This is a laid-back working vacation with plenty of time for writing. Each participant also has the option of receiving detailed feedback from a Barrelhouse editor on (some of) their work. The registration fee of $300 includes lodging and all meals.
A quick rundown of what this will be:
- Four days, three nights (arrival on Thursday, July 7 and departure on Sunday, July 10)
- A bunch of writers sitting around in a bucolic central PA setting and writing for most of the day
- At least two one-on-one sessions with an editor who will provide detailed suggestions for improving specific pieces of writing. Basically, this is a one person workshop with a Barrelhouse editor (note: this is optional; if you're at the place in your writing where what you really need is time to write and you'd rather just do that, that is cool with us)
- Barrelhouse editors and staff on site the entire time ready to hang out and talk to you about whatever
- One (totally optional!) group activity -- a hike or kayak or swim or something outdoorsy -- if the weather permits, per day
- All meals provided with registration fee
- Lodging in a lovely, rustic, brand new creekside hostel in the wilds of Central Pennsylvania
- Keywords we might use: Low key, laid back, informal, smart, fun.